The AOC q27g3xmn is the best budget monitor on the market by a country mile.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rollerball
    • Oct 2024

The AOC q27g3xmn is the best budget monitor on the market by a country mile.

For $279 this monitor has fantastic performance. 1440p at 180hz with a 350ish dimming zones and a good local dimming algorithm plus a lot of fine tuning adjustments. The contrast and black levels on this for $279 is S Tier.

I've barely used my AW2725DF since getting it which is normally a $900 QD-OLED monitor. The viewing angles suck and the local dimming isn't perfect but no mini-LED is, even the new Sony Bravia 9 has flaws in its algorithm.

Below are some OLED demonstration video pics showing the black levels in a dark room. This, imo, is simply the best bang for buck gaming monitor available right now.

Great for both gaming and media consumption, this monitor also gets super bright. Text looks okay but not amazing with 27" 1440p pixel density but that's to be expected.

Last edited by rollerball; 10-11-2024, 09:44 PM.
  • rollerball
    • Oct 2024

hmm why didn’t my pics post

Comment

• rollerball
      • Oct 2024

Comment

• rollerball
        • Oct 2024

Comment

• BigElephant
          Registered Elephant
          • Oct 2024

Would buy 32" version of this if I didn't just buy an LG 32GP750-B earlier this year
          See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• rollerball
            • Oct 2024

Originally posted by BigElephant
            Would buy 32" version of this if I didn't just buy an LG 32GP750-B earlier this year
            They need to something about these stupid designations for monitors. These combinations of letters and numbers more strongly resemble passkeys than they do the name of a mass-sellable product.

Are you a single monitor guy?

Comment

• BigElephant
              Registered Elephant
              • Oct 2024

Originally posted by rollerball

They need to something about these stupid designations for monitors. These combinations of letters and numbers more strongly resemble passkeys than they do the name of a mass-sellable product.

Are you a single monitor guy?
              I know, that bugs the shit out of me. Very hard to tell. When I didn't know what I was doing I bought an Acer curved monitor with one of the lesser known letter combinations. It's working out well so far but could have fucked me.

My setup is I have 2 1440p monitors side by side, one for my PC and one for my Xbox. I can use the Xbox monitor as a secondary for my PC if I need to but I haven't done it yet. My previous PC monitor was an ultrawide but it was only 1080 and not a good brightness and only 60 hz with like 8ms response, so getting a 1440p with 165 hz and 1ms gtg response was a huge upgrade.
              See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• rollerball
                • Oct 2024

Originally posted by BigElephant

I know, that bugs the shit out of me. Very hard to tell. When I didn't know what I was doing I bought an Acer curved monitor with one of the lesser known letter combinations. It's working out well so far but could have fucked me.

My setup is I have 2 1440p monitors side by side, one for my PC and one for my Xbox. I can use the Xbox monitor as a secondary for my PC if I need to but I haven't done it yet. My previous PC monitor was an ultrawide but it was only 1080 and not a good brightness and only 60 hz with like 8ms response, so getting a 1440p with 165 hz and 1ms gtg response was a huge upgrade.
                Double 32" would be too large for me, me thinks but that setup sounds immersive af.

I currently just have my NES Classic hooked up to the AOC with the PC. My PS5 is hooked up to the S89C 77" QD-OLED and the Xbox Series X is hooked upstairs in the bedroom to the S95B 55" QD-OLED. But tbh I think I'm approaching serious overkill when it comes to gaming.

Comment

Working...