Anyone get into the civilization series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarioMiami305
    • Sep 2024

Anyone get into the civilization series?

Hello I haven't played civilization series since I was in high school

I just saw the new one comes out in a couple months. Was thinking about getting back into it.

Do you like it? Is it easy for new comers into the series? Hows online play?

Thanks
  • BigElephant
    Registered Elephant
    • Oct 2024

One of my friends is really into them, he said they are making big changes for Civ 7, but not sure what they are. I played Civ 5 and 6 heavily, Civ 5 was my favorite. Online play was fun, but I only played with friends and never against randoms. It can definitely be overwhelming for newcomers, but you can pick it up fast, especially if you're playing with other people who know what they are doing. Definitely way easier to pick up than something like Stellaris or Europa.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• Visel
      • Sep 2024

I like it but I never freaking understood how religion works lol. I never looked it up tbh, so my fault. I played it casually, just NPC campaigns on normal difficulty (Prince or King), tried to unlock nukes before everyone else lol. I'm confident I'll get Civ 7 but I haven't researched anything about it.

Comment

• BigElephant
        Registered Elephant
        • Oct 2024

Originally posted by Visel
        I like it but I never freaking understood how religion works lol. I never looked it up tbh, so my fault. I played it casually, just NPC campaigns on normal difficulty (Prince or King), tried to unlock nukes before everyone else lol. I'm confident I'll get Civ 7 but I haven't researched anything about it.
        Religion can give benefits. You choose the benefits based on what's available, so if another civ chooses a certain religion archetype then that is off the board. They have different effects, like economic, population growth, technology growth, ability to spread the religion. Usually the more people you convert to that religion, the stronger the effects of that archetype.

You can send profits and missionaries into other civs' territories in order to spread your religion to them. This pisses them off most of the time and they will warn you not to do that. I remember I was playing a game of Civ 5 with 2 friends. I usually play for economic or technology strength, but the AI Celts civ was spreading their religion to my people. I told them to stop and their leader said he would stop. They kept trying so me having a giant treasury I bought the largest military in the game and wiped them out.
        See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• terz
          • Oct 2024

They're great games.

I remember playing civ 4 staying up til 4-5 am and falling asleep lol.

Played civ 5 for probably 1k hours.

civ 6 I have played too but im not a fan of the particular aesthetics.

Comment

Working...