X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nn586
    🤡🌎
    • Oct 2024

Picked up the ASUS ROG PG32UCDM 4K OLED 32''

Fuark, this things a monster. Wood recommend. It's $1.3k but worth it.
    Cyberpunk looks heavenly.

• Freeburn
    • Sep 2024

Hnnnnghhhhh!

Fuark all you bros getting these new oleds are making me jelly af!

Comment

• floridaman
      I'm your stepfather
      • Sep 2024
      • Tampa, Florida
      • 6'1"

How many frames you getting
      Florida Crew 🌴
      Misc Light Crew 🔦
      HTC Crew 🍔

Comment

• rollerball
        • Oct 2024

I forget is that QD-OLED or WOLED?

Comment

• nn586
          🤡🌎
          • Oct 2024

Originally posted by Freeburn
          Hnnnnghhhhh!

Fuark all you bros getting these new oleds are making me jelly af!
          Yeee bro you should pick one up. The PG32UCDM has a glossy screen btw which is better for dark room conditions (which I play in the dark so better for me). They have another matte finish one PG32UCDP that is better for rooms with more light.

Not sure how to multi quote here but it is a QD-OLED for the PG32UCDM, the matte one is the WOLED one. It is 240 hz and for the frames I'm getting in Cyberpunk I don't have an FPS counter tbh but it plays flawlessly on a 4080. I don't really play any FPS's (competitive ones that is) to really use the high refresh rate currently but if there's a game in the future i'll be covered.

Also it's a 4080 laptop GPU. I have it connected as an external monitor to my ASUS ROG SCAR 17 laptop currently lol since my laptop runs better than my desktop with a 3080. Waiting for the 5000 series cards to come out to upgrade my desktop PC. Also got a Llano laptop cooler on Amazon and chit's legit asf. Temps before were 85-86 C and down to 70 C with the cooler on only 600-700 RPM. Well worth the money.

Picked up the monitor from BestBuy as well. Went with them over Microcenter and Amazon. I've had good experience with their geek squad return so if anything happens in the next 4 years I'm not worried about it.
          Last edited by nn586; 10-18-2024, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• rollerball
            • Oct 2024

Originally posted by nn586

Yeee bro you should pick one up. The PG32UCDM has a glossy screen btw which is better for dark room conditions (which I play in the dark so better for me). They have another matte finish one PG32UCDP that is better for rooms with more light.

Not sure how to multi quote here but it is a QD-OLED for the PG32UCDM, the matte one is the WOLED one. It is 240 hz and for the frames I'm getting in Cyberpunk I don't have an FPS counter tbh but it plays flawlessly on a 4080. I don't really play any FPS's (competitive ones that is) to really use the high refresh rate currently but if there's a game in the future i'll be covered.

Also it's a 4080 laptop GPU. I have it connected as an external monitor to my ASUS ROG SCAR 17 laptop currently lol since my laptop runs better than my desktop with a 3080. Waiting for the 5000 series cards to come out to upgrade my desktop PC. Also got a Llano laptop cooler on Amazon and chit's legit asf. Temps before were 85-86 C and down to 70 C with the cooler on only 600-700 RPM. Well worth the money.

Picked up the monitor from BestBuy as well. Went with them over Microcenter and Amazon. I've had good experience with their geek squad return so if anything happens in the next 4 years I'm not worried about it.
            A laptop cooler lowered your temps by 15 degrees?

If you get the 50 series later on this year avoid the 5070s imo - apparently still only 12gb.

And yeah to extended warranties for Oled tech imo.

I got 5 year best buy warranties on both my Samsung QD-OLEDs. The Alienware has a 3 year burn in warranty included.

Comment

• nn586
              🤡🌎
              • Oct 2024

Originally posted by rollerball

A laptop cooler lowered your temps by 15 degrees?

If you get the 50 series later on this year avoid the 5070s imo - apparently still only 12gb.

And yeah to extended warranties for Oled tech imo.

I got 5 year best buy warranties on both my Samsung QD-OLEDs. The Alienware has a 3 year burn in warranty included.
              Yessir, ded srs lowered it by that much. It can go up to 2800 RPM I believe but I only have keep it at 600-1000 RPM. Even 300-400 RPM brings it down significantly (300 is lowest). I watched a youtube video of some guy testing a bunch of them and the Llano one tested the best so I picked it up. It's $100 but when you got a $2-3k laptop you don't wanna cheap out on the cooler ya feel.

My 4080 has 12gb VRAM now and yeah definitely going to get either the 5080 or 5090 depending on how much VRAM they have. Most likely will get the 5090 though.

The ASUS does come with a 3 year burn in as well but I kept reading about people saying ASUS's warranties suck so I spent $170 for 4 year geek squad protection. Never had a problem with turning anything into them so figured that's the best option.

This is the cooler, kunts dropped the price since I bought it:

Amazon.com: llano RGB Laptop Cooling Pad, Gaming Laptop Cooler with Powerful Turbofan, Fast Cooling Laptop 15.6-21in, Adjustable Speed, Touch Control, LCD Screen : Electronics

Comment

• rollerball
                • Oct 2024

Yessir, ded srs lowered it by that much. It can go up to 2800 RPM I believe but I only have keep it at 600-1000 RPM. Even 300-400 RPM brings it down significantly (300 is lowest). I watched a youtube video of some guy testing a bunch of them and the Llano one tested the best so I picked it up. It's $100 but when you got a $2-3k laptop you don't wanna cheap out on the cooler ya feel.

My 4080 has 12gb VRAM now and yeah definitely going to get either the 5080 or 5090 depending on how much VRAM they have. Most likely will get the 5090 though.

The ASUS does come with a 3 year burn in as well but I kept reading about people saying ASUS's warranties suck so I spent $170 for 4 year geek squad protection. Never had a problem with turning anything into them so figured that's the best option.

This is the cooler, kunts dropped the price since I bought it:

Amazon.com: llano RGB Laptop Cooling Pad, Gaming Laptop Cooler with Powerful Turbofan, Fast Cooling Laptop 15.6-21in, Adjustable Speed, Touch Control, LCD Screen : Electronics
                I was considering replacing the thermal paste on my MSI GS-66 due to high heat throttling but maybe I’ll look into this cooler instead.

Yeah I ultimately decided to go for the 4070ti super over the 4070 super just because of the 16gb vs 12gb.

Comment

• nn586
                  🤡🌎
                  • Oct 2024

I was considering replacing the thermal paste on my MSI GS-66 due to high heat throttling but maybe I’ll look into this cooler instead.

Yeah I ultimately decided to go for the 4070ti super over the 4070 super just because of the 16gb vs 12gb.
                  Yeah bro I'm 100% confident it will serve you well if you buy it. Ded fkn srs.

And yeah 12gb is just pushing it running 4k Cyberpunk. I monitor the VRAM and it's around 10.9/12 gb while running. I hate to say it but I'm currently playing with Raytracing off. It runs smooth without it. With Raytracing on, the game itself runs fine running around and chit, but when I go to open the map or inventory in Cyberpunk the chit lags. It may be a setting or something I am missing but I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is besides just turning off Raytracing completely. Game still looks amazing but I'd like to keep the RT on if I can find another solution.

Comment

• rollerball
                    • Oct 2024

Yeah bro I'm 100% confident it will serve you well if you buy it. Ded fkn srs.

And yeah 12gb is just pushing it running 4k Cyberpunk. I monitor the VRAM and it's around 10.9/12 gb while running. I hate to say it but I'm currently playing with Raytracing off. It runs smooth without it. With Raytracing on, the game itself runs fine running around and chit, but when I go to open the map or inventory in Cyberpunk the chit lags. It may be a setting or something I am missing but I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is besides just turning off Raytracing completely. Game still looks amazing but I'd like to keep the RT on if I can find another solution.
                    Yeah raytracing is the heavy lifting that chews up AMD gpus and spits them out.

Comment

• nn586
                      🤡🌎
                      • Oct 2024

Yeah raytracing is the heavy lifting that chews up AMD gpus and spits them out.
                      Feelsbad. Gonna try some chit later today on some youtube vids im watching. Hopefully it helps

Comment

• nn586
                        🤡🌎
                        • Oct 2024

Updated my CPU drivers and tweaked some other chit and now can play with Raytracing. Das it

Comment

Working...