Why are my slow twitch muscles so weak. Can't do high rep ranges.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drop40lbs
    • Sep 2024

Why are my slow twitch muscles so weak. Can't do high rep ranges.

No matter how much I drop the weight, I cant seem to bench over the 15 rep range.
  • InsideMane
    😏
    • Sep 2024

lol at going past 8 reps

Comment

• Drop40lbs
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by InsideMane
      lol at going past 8 reps
      i'll always be fast-twitch crew but feel like I should at least get the high rep strength up to a reasonable level

Comment

• InsideMane
        😏
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Drop40lbs

i'll always be fast-twitch crew but feel like I should at least get the high rep strength up to a reasonable level
        I do higher reps on isolations generally. Usually anywhere from 8-15 reps

ive done 50+ dips and sets of 20s on pull ups and got a crazy pump but idk I just don’t feel like it elicits the same gains as goin heavy/hard af. I low-key hate high reps. Even squats I’ll do 2 sets of 6 and just move tf on
        Last edited by InsideMane; 10-09-2024, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Drop40lbs
          • Sep 2024

I do higher reps on isolations generally. Usually anywhere from 8-15 reps

ive done 50+ dips and sets of 20s on pull ups and got a crazy pump but idk I just don’t feel like it elicits the same gains as goin heavy/hard af. I low-key hate high reps. Even squats I’ll do 2 sets of 6 and just move tf on
          actually bodyweight seems to be easier in high rep ranges

My max db bench is 90s for 5 reps
          70s/80s i can do 6-7 reps
          Then it gets weird. Between 40s-60s, I fatigue out at 12 reps whether I use 40s, 50s, or 60s but there should be a difference

Comment

• InsideMane
            😏
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Drop40lbs

actually bodyweight seems to be easier in high rep ranges

My max db bench is 90s for 5 reps
            70s/80s i can do 6-7 reps
            Then it gets weird. Between 40s-60s, I fatigue out at 12 reps whether I use 40s, 50s, or 60s but there should be a difference
            I wouldn’t even worry about, just get stronger and the weight in the higher rep range is inevitably gonna go up. Once you increase your strength with 90s the 50s are gonna feel like piss when you go back to them

Maybe do it every now and then but I wouldn’t prioritise high reps, just my 0.02 though - some may say different

Comment

• SmithMachineGuy
              • Sep 2024

I hate doing higher reps. It feels like the first 2/3 of the set are doing nothing.
              I do a drop set when I want to get in more reps. That way the first bunch of reps feel more challenging.

Comment

• SpeakethTruth
                Pronouns: bro/brah/breh
                ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                • Oct 2024

I wouldn’t even worry about, just get stronger and the weight in the higher rep range is inevitably gonna go up. Once you increase your strength with 90s the 50s are gonna feel like piss when you go back to them

Maybe do it every now and then but I wouldn’t prioritise high reps, just my 0.02 though - some may say different
                I agree. Increase your performance on the heavier sets and progression on the lighter sets will naturally follow. The reverse isn't necessarily true. With higher rep ranges the weight just feels light and you can get away with sloppy form, within reason. Heavier sets require your technique and control to be dialled in. So if you get better with the heavy sets, you'll also get better at the lighter sets where you've got more wriggle room.

Comment

Working...