Clear All
  • MajorTendonitis
    63 YO oldcel
    • Sep 2024
    • BC Canada
    • Manlet
    • Bout 350

Bumper plate wall storage idea

Hey all, just thought I’d share my idea for Miscers who may be building a home gym and need a way to store their bumper plates . It’s funny as others on YouTube have posted something similar to my bumper rack concept , but I got this idea over a decade ago .
    Basically you purchase 1” floor flanges and 1” gas pipe that threads into the flanges . In my case I was lucky , as I had access to really thick heat shrink that we use for our connectors we used in the telecommunications industry.
    It’s handy as it eliminates any sharp edges at the end of the pipe after it’s cut , but if I was more experienced at welding , they do make these half moon cups that could be welded on the tips .

You’ll notice there’s some additional holes . That happened because originally my first iteration had the bumper plates going numerically,but I found putting the 45 back on the lower post was a pita , so I did a respace and put the 45 above the 35 . Worked perfect after that , as the 45 is in the perfect position to remove and replace

here you can see the threaded end . The floor flange is secured with 4 1/4” bolts that go through the 2/6 wood .

The first gen I just attached a 2/4 bottom and top , then put screws threw the top onto a piece of wood on the ceiling

But later I used 1/4” steel to the bottom and top and tapped out 1/4” holes for adjustable feet and bolts on the top

The finished product

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 10-26-2024, 09:37 PM.
    Glad to be back with my fam
  • Nigga
    • Oct 2024

Cool

Comment

• Godfrd
      Slava Ukranus
      • Oct 2024
      • Falls Church, VA

Looks good. I may try to do something similar.

Comment

• MajorTendonitis
        63 YO oldcel
        • Sep 2024
        • BC Canada
        • Manlet
        • Bout 350

Originally posted by Godfrd
        Looks good. I may try to do something similar.
        I was going to buy steel but I’ve only welded for about an hour . The 2/6 cheap boards have had no issues whatsoever, and I built them properly 15 years ago

Comment

• SmithMachineGuy
          • Sep 2024

Nice and neat. Good job!

Comment

• MajorTendonitis
            63 YO oldcel
            • Sep 2024
            • BC Canada
            • Manlet
            • Bout 350

Originally posted by SmithMachineGuy
            Nice and neat. Good job!
            Thx bruh . Srs it’s very ergonomic to use . I had a friend stop by and he was really impressed as to how easy it was to load plates when he used the racks

Comment

Working...