Clear All
  • MajorTendonitis
    63 YO oldcel
    • Sep 2024
    • BC Canada
    • Manlet
    • Bout 350

Ordering leg press machine , we finally have a winner

I’ve always wanted the addition of a machine for legs in my home gym , as my knees aren’t getting any better . Anyways I’ve wanted a leg press /hack squat machine ,but keep finding they are rarely good at both , so I’m going to settle for a leg press only machine .
    I like this second generation Powertec leg press . It has no storage , but I can build additional bumper plate storage racks beside it .
    An added bonus is it has a small foot print ,only 34” wide . That’s almost half the width of the Force USA leg press /hack squat machine.

Introducing the new 2020 Leg Press (P-LP19) with the same amazing capacity and a smaller footprint. Our redesigned Leg Press will come in a matted black finish with a reduced the footprint of almost 4 on each side, while maintaining the same stability to support up to 1000 lbs. of resistance. The Powertec Leg Press inc

Glad to be back with my fam
  • MajorTendonitis
    63 YO oldcel
    • Sep 2024
    • BC Canada
    • Manlet
    • Bout 350

I’m going to put it at the far end of the gym , and will have to remove the water massage table and relocate it upstairs in the spare room.
    The rear of the machine will pretty much be sitting against that window you see to right of the tv . Going to be tight with bumper storage , but doable I think

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 10-26-2024, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Drop40lbs
      • Sep 2024

wuts ur net worth boyo?

Comment

• MajorTendonitis
        63 YO oldcel
        • Sep 2024
        • BC Canada
        • Manlet
        • Bout 350

Originally posted by Dom Mzztti
        Bro your knees are not safer on a press.

The weight is way higher. Ronnie Coleman squatted 800 and wrecked himself. Later he leg pressed 2000, which is harder on knees than <50% the weight of squatting.

Belt squats look gaf cuz, but they’re prob healthier.
        I’ve always thought the addition of a leg press would be beneficial instead of doing squats all the time. You’d think it would hit muscles a bit differently

Originally posted by Drop40lbs
        wuts ur net worth boyo?
        Srs it’s over , but this won’t make much of a difference to my demise . Probably going to do MAID next September .but at least I have 11 more months to be with my Misc family
        Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 10-26-2024, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• MajorTendonitis
          63 YO oldcel
          • Sep 2024
          • BC Canada
          • Manlet
          • Bout 350

Originally posted by Dom Mzztti
          I’m sure. Idk a way to do it without hurting your joints.

I’d like to blast gear and lift huge on it if either did not wreck you, other places.
          I’ve heard a lot of people complaining more about hack squats giving them back and knee problems . If I was smart I’d probably go to our commercial gym and try them both first

Comment

• Tabris
            Vitamin L
            • Oct 2024
            • 6'
            • 198lbs

Originally posted by MajorTendonitis

I’ve heard a lot of people complaining more about hack squats giving them back and knee problems . If I was smart I’d probably go to our commercial gym and try them both first
            Back problems are due to disrespecting the machine and not bracing your core because retards forget that a hack squat is still a squat. It loads the quads much harder than other squat variants do, besides the pendulum, so you will feel it more, but it isn't 'worse' for the knees if you train appropriately.

Comment

• thaifoon90
              • Sep 2024

Srs it’s over , but this won’t make much of a difference to my demise . Probably going to do MAID next September .but at least I have 11 more months to be with my Misc family
              ??? you sick?
              +Positive Crew+
              Winter Arc Crew

Comment

• MajorTendonitis
                63 YO oldcel
                • Sep 2024
                • BC Canada
                • Manlet
                • Bout 350

Originally posted by thaifoon90

??? you sick?
                No sick and tired lol . Srs I have to remortgage next September, and they won’t remortgage you if you’re not working. They went union here so the company I’m supposed to be working for can’t get their foot in the door anymore. I’d sooner rope than work at Walmart

Comment

• thaifoon90
                  • Sep 2024

No sick and tired lol . Srs I have to remortgage next September, and they won’t remortgage you if you’re not working. They went union here so the company I’m supposed to be working for can’t get their foot in the door anymore. I’d sooner rope than work at Walmart
                  that sucks.. I really hope you figure out a way to make it work
                  +Positive Crew+
                  Winter Arc Crew

Comment

• MajorTendonitis
                    63 YO oldcel
                    • Sep 2024
                    • BC Canada
                    • Manlet
                    • Bout 350

Originally posted by thaifoon90

that sucks.. I really hope you figure out a way to make it work
                    Thx no worries. A lot can happen in a year

Comment

Working...