Dear Misc: My wife didnt tell me she was a victim of child rape-now I want a divorce

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Islandboyo
    • Oct 2024

Dear Misc: My wife didnt tell me she was a victim of child rape-now I want a divorce

DEAR ABBY: I have been married 27 years with two kids. My wife recently revealed to me that she was raped when she was 14 but said it wasn’t violent. She also said she had several adult partners when she was 15 and 16. We had discussed our past prior to marriage, and these things weren’t mentioned. If they had been, I wouldn’t have married her.

I have a hard time even looking at her now. I feel like telling her I want a divorce, but I’m looking for a second opinion about what I should do. Am I being ridiculous for wanting a divorce over things that happened 35 years ago? – THROWN IN MISSOURI

DEAR THROWN: Consent laws can be confusing and can change over time, and a lot may depend on the age of each partner. However, rape is rape. When your wife was 15 and 16 an adult may also have been breaking the law by having sex with her, even consensually. After all this, she might have benefitted from counseling (if any was offered).

Your wife may not have previously discussed this because she was afraid your reaction would be as over the top as has been. Before you decide to divorce her for being victimized as a teenager, I urge you to consult a licensed therapist either alone or with her. If you do, it will give you better perspective.
    Dear Abby advises a man whose wife recently revealed that she had several adult partners and was raped when she was a teenager.
  • immortalkid
    could knock out anyone
    • Oct 2024

im an island boi~ an island boi~

Comment

• dogkrack
      • Sep 2024

sloots gonna sloot

Comment

• Freeburn
        • Sep 2024

Honestly it's wild to think someone could throw away 27 years of marriage for finding out their wife was sexually assaulted as a minor.

Idk how I'd react if it was me.

But I can think about how I was as a teenager, just an absolute fukkin nut. Ask any of my teachers and they'd have said I was gunna end up working at a gas station... But here I am working a cushy office job from home, making far more than any of my teachers ever did...

Idk I'm 36, and being a teenager was a lifetime ago, a very different version of me. Not sure I could hold it against anyone. Some people change, some don't.
        ​​

Comment

• NothingShocking
          • Oct 2024

Fuck Abby telling him to see a therapist
          We out the Bronx

Comment

• xxAchillesxx
            Planet Thiccness
            • Sep 2024

If he's willing to throw 27 years of marriage away over that, he's either itching for a divorce in the first place, or "Abby" is right and he's the one who needs therapy.

Comment

• TryingMen
              • Oct 2024

Dude seems like a phaggot. If he hasn't noticed any trauma red flags on his own the entire 27 years of being married then she's probably ok to stay married to. What a dumb phaggot.

Comment

• DrugsToGetBig
                So it begins
                • Sep 2024
                • New Jersey
                • 6'1

i understand where he's coming from. it's the 3 decades of blatant deception from the one person who you are supposed to divulge information to and trust more than anyone else in the world. i'd be thinking what else haven't you told me all these years?

bet his wife told all of her friends and some random guys she was talking to/banging back in the day though

Comment

• Pterodactyl314
                  🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥
                  • Sep 2024

See krackerjacks sig
                  Red Commander

Comment

• Freeburn
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by DrugsToGetBig
                    i understand where he's coming from. it's the 3 decades of blatant deception from the one person who you are supposed to divulge information to and trust more than anyone else in the world. i'd be thinking what else haven't you told me all these years?

bet his wife told all of her friends and some random guys she was talking to/banging back in the day though
                    Idk I Def dont think keeping the fact that you were molested as a child a secret is a major deception. Most of us will never go thru or understand something like that, I certainly wouldn't be telling anyone about it if it was me. If after 27 years I finally had enough courage or trust or whatever, to finally tell my partner, and their reaction was to want a divorce, I'd be devastated

Comment

• xxAchillesxx
                      Planet Thiccness
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Freeburn

Idk I Def dont think keeping the fact that you were molested as a child a secret is a major deception. Most of us will never go thru or understand something like that, I certainly wouldn't be telling anyone about it if it was me. If after 27 years I finally had enough courage or trust or whatever, to finally tell my partner, and their reaction was to want a divorce, I'd be devastated
                      This. Not to mention, there are times where they never end up telling anyone. This isn't "I got drunk and made a mistake and had a threesome in college". This is something that I imagine a lot of women would try to lock away never to be accessed again if at all possible.

Comment

• dogkrack
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by xxAchillesxx

This. Not to mention, there are times where they never end up telling anyone. This isn't "I got drunk and made a mistake and had a threesome in college". This is something that I imagine a lot of women would try to lock away never to be accessed again if at all possible.
                        sounds like the sloot was the town bicycle getting dicked down by college chads. simping for drama queen sloots is disgusting.

PSA: negging all simps ITT
                        Last edited by dogkrack; 10-11-2024, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• rollerball
                          • Oct 2024

Originally posted by dogkrack

sounds like the sloot was the town bicycle getting dicked down by college chads. simping for drama queen sloots is disgusting.
                          Simping of any kind is of the great weakness in human society. It is for that reason we deal with so many societal issues and an overall lack of comparative progress to where we'd actually should be

Comment

• ES91
                            • Oct 2024

Amazing how 27 years could pass and this would not come up; guess the wife doesn't really trust her husband. An alternative possibility is that she had repressed memories of the trauma. In either case this is not grounds for divorce, she's a victim in this situation.

Comment

• OneLegSquats
                              Platinum Member
                              • Sep 2024

This happened

Comment

• BigElephant
                                Registered Elephant
                                • Oct 2024

Doubt I'd throw away a 27 year marriage after finding out she was raped. Willingly having sex with several adult men in her teen years and not telling me about that would be bad though. I would not consider marrying a woman who did that, and I would feel betrayed that she didn't tell me. Doubt I could ever trust her again.
                                See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• Havoc00
                                  • Sep 2024
                                  • Jerz

What if your girl posted this on her IG from her "teen years" would you re-consider?

Comment

• TryingMen
                                    • Oct 2024

Agreed if you expect to know every single detail about your significant other you're honestly unrealistic. There are things I don't intend to ever really tell anyone and it has nothing to do with not being devoted to them or even trusting them.

Comment

• zackad
                                      Registered Phaggot
                                      ⭐⭐⭐
                                      • Oct 2024

would have to agree with this

that's a pretty intimate detail some people might never feel comfortable sharing. esp after 27 years she's obviously moved on/healed from it if there was nothing previously to throw flags up. based on the summary doesn't sound like anything else is the issue except the husband's reception of the info. As far as the adult men...I'd need to know what that means. Was she sleeping with 18yos or was she sleepin with dudes 25+? big difference there.

Dude should seek therapy honestly.

Comment

• TryingMen
                                        • Oct 2024

Originally posted by zackad

would have to agree with this

that's a pretty intimate detail some people might never feel comfortable sharing. esp after 27 years she's obviously moved on/healed from it if there was nothing previously to throw flags up. based on the summary doesn't sound like anything else is the issue except the husband's reception of the info. As far as the adult men...I'd need to know what that means. Was she sleeping with 18yos or was she sleepin with dudes 25+? big difference there.

Dude should seek therapy honestly.
                                        Even if she did just get dicked down by a bunch of college Chad's I gotta assume this dude is in his 50s, possibly even approaching his 60s if he's been married 27 years. At this point is it really even worth it to divorce the sloot because she was getting pumped and dumped long ago before even meeting you? It's not like he's going to find something better at age 55+. It's gonna be divorced sloots with saggy skin and no glow. I suppose if he's so disgusted he's just fine being solo the rest of his life that's one thing but his days of relationships are quite frankly over. You paired down with a turbo sloot. Honestly if nothing bad happened in the marriage in a lot of ways he got off pretty good if we're really being honest about it. She never technically disrespected him in any way. A big reason to abandon a girl that's been run through before you is because she's not likely to value the relationship and commit to you. But if this women was devoted and never cheated on him during the relationship I'll be honest kind of dumb to divorce at 55+ even if she was fucking 100's of college Chad's at age 16

Comment

• crinoid
                                          • Oct 2024

Originally posted by DrugsToGetBig

Why do you assume it’s deception and not a goddamn trauma memory that she just uncovered. You are pathetic.

Comment

• DrugsToGetBig
                                            So it begins
                                            • Sep 2024
                                            • New Jersey
                                            • 6'1

its a traumatic experience and i can see being reluctant to share it, even with a significant other but I also don't think keeping something like that internalized for decades is the solution to overcoming it. i still would want to know something like that about my wife and the mother of my children

Comment

• Toker095
                                              SICK CUNT
                                              • Oct 2024
                                              • MA,USA.
                                              • 6'2

when will it be my turn.

inb4 she was the best mane

Comment

• Immune999
                                                • Oct 2024

Honestly it's wild to think someone could throw away 27 years of marriage for finding out their wife was sexually assaulted as a minor.

Idk how I'd react if it was me.

But I can think about how I was as a teenager, just an absolute fukkin nut. Ask any of my teachers and they'd have said I was gunna end up working at a gas station... But here I am working a cushy office job from home, making far more than any of my teachers ever did...

Idk I'm 36, and being a teenager was a lifetime ago, a very different version of me. Not sure I could hold it against anyone. Some people change, some don't.
                                                He isn’t, he’s throwing it away for the combination of that and lying about it for all these years

Comment

• Islandboyo
                                                  • Oct 2024

Lol @ miscers actually thinking that SLOOT was really raped. Just because she says she was raped or molested at 16 doesn’t mean that she was. The fact that she had muliple adult partners at 14 and 15 already shows the kind of girl she was.

she was getting dicked down by multiple grown men as a young teen. This reflects a very poor background and childhood. Regardless of who’s fault that is, it means she was DAMAGED. The dude has every right to be pissed off about marrying a whore.

now after 27 years, i think it’s worth it to salvage the marriage and move past this. But i understand his anger. Alot of girls have slooted hard in their younger years. Can they move past that part of their life? Maybe
                                                  Last edited by Islandboyo; 10-11-2024, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonSteel
                                                    • Oct 2024

After 27 years of not telling him, she should have just kept it to herself.

Comment

• TheParish
                                                      • Oct 2024

Uh, no. You deserve to know every detail of your wife's sexual past before you marry and commit to a life with you. The rape is forgivable, but 27 years later saying "oh I used to bang random adults left and right when I was a teenager. Teehee!". Turns out you don't even know your own wife, and instead committed yourself to building a life with a used up teen whore. You'll never see her the same again. Ever.

Comment

• Islandboyo
                                                        • Oct 2024

Originally posted by TheParish
                                                        Uh, no. You deserve to know every detail of your wife's sexual past before you marry and commit to a life with you. The rape is forgivable, but 27 years later saying "oh I used to bang random adults left and right when I was a teenager. Teehee!". Turns out you don't even know your own wife, and instead committed yourself to building a life with a used up teen whore. You'll never see her the same again. Ever.
                                                        agreed. This man probably made it a point to look for a girl who WASN'T a sloot to wife up. And this girl pulled the wool over his eyes. She probably knew the type of girl he was looking for, but decided to lie to make herself seem like a wholesome girl. I know for a fact this is happening quite a bit today such turbo slooting is so normalized. Too many guys are getting scammed into marrying these lying whores. Atleast today we have digital footprints that can clue us in to a past slooting. She maybe even made him wait before she gave him some ass, yet she was going ravaged at 14 years old.

Comment

• SpeakethTruth
                                                          Pronouns: bro/brah/breh
                                                          ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                                          • Oct 2024

Originally posted by ES91
                                                          Amazing how 27 years could pass and this would not come up; guess the wife doesn't really trust her husband. An alternative possibility is that she had repressed memories of the trauma. In either case this is not grounds for divorce, she's a victim in this situation.
                                                          Exactly. I'm one of the first to say sloots gon sloot but in this situation the wife isn't even at fault? Her being raped as a child, way before they met, isn't even any of his business nor could he relate. It's the type of traumatic experience that people would just keep to themselves.

Comment

• immortalkid
                                                            could knock out anyone
                                                            • Oct 2024

this is now an island boys thread

Comment

• immortalkid
                                                              could knock out anyone
                                                              • Oct 2024

yo admin dude bro man brah man bro man bro dude dude man bro please fix youtube links dude man bro brah man dude dude man bro

Comment

• Basedbaby!
                                                                • Oct 2024

She said “non violent” which makes it sound like it was consensual which is statutory rape which is totally different in my mind both bad on the adult but the second is bad on her as well like a 15 or 16 yo doesn’t know better than to be a sloot for grown ass men.
                                                                When I was 15 I was expected to be responsible for my actions idk why society feels different. If a 15yo black killed someone yall would all be screaming for the death penalty but a 15 yo sloot wants to hoe around consensually and she’s an innocent victim.

Comment

• Basedbaby!
                                                                  Registered User
                                                                  • Oct 2024

Originally posted by crinoid

Why do you assume it’s deception and not a goddamn trauma memory that she just uncovered. You are pathetic.
                                                                  Research shows “repressed memories” aren’t real so many miscers trying to come up with hypothetical bs to defend this woman didn’t realize this forum turned into Reddit

Comment

• crinoid
                                                                    Registered User
                                                                    • Oct 2024

Originally posted by Basedbaby!

Research shows “repressed memories” aren’t real so many miscers trying to come up with hypothetical bs to defend this woman didn’t realize this forum turned into Reddit
                                                                    Oh please. Soldiers home from war tell a different story. Trauma memories are QUITE real, any idiot knows that​​​​​. The “research” you refer to was a flimsy study from the 80’s that has been torn apart.

Comment

• SmackBoySon
                                                                      SmackFaceButt
                                                                      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                                                      • Oct 2024

the vegene is old and loose and he's looking for an excuse to vamoose

like a boy son

Comment

Working...