X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cuminmebro
    Master Inseminator
    • Oct 2024

JRE2219: Donald Trump

Just dropped boyos. Going to check it out in the morning.

• fuzzy
    🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆
    • Sep 2024

3 hours of pure conversation

Comment

• wincel
      Incel Inside
      • Sep 2024
      • Soviet Union

Still no explanation for how he will make goods affordable with the tariffs
      Death to all genocidal fascists. Glory to the revolution! Glory to the workers!

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
        • Sep 2024

It's so annoying how liberals will constantly come up with whatever slander they can think of, one of them recently being that he's exhausted and no energy

the guy is just as clear as he was in '16, he flew TO this show today, recorded a 3 HOUR critical interview (takes a lot of energy), then flew and did another event after, and he has non stop events

this guy is a fucking machine, like him or hate him

Comment

• wincel
          Incel Inside
          • Sep 2024
          • Soviet Union

Originally posted by CEOofHNNG
          It's so annoying how liberals will constantly come up with whatever slander they can think of, one of them recently being that he's exhausted and no energy

the guy is just as clear as he was in '16, he flew TO this show today, recorded a 3 HOUR critical interview (takes a lot of energy), then flew and did another event after, and he has non stop events

this guy is a fucking machine, like him or hate him
          Great. How is he gonna make consumer goods affordable when American labor is so much more expensive? Tariffs might bring some jobs back initially, but will make everything ridiculously expensive.

Comment

• mryamamoto
            2006 miscer.
            • Oct 2024
            • 6' 4"
            • 210lbs.

combining this with UFC 308 for guaranteed test boost today.

fuark.

Comment

• LtGoose
              Podunks Alt Account
              • Oct 2024
              • Dallas, TX

Make America Trump Again

Comment

• Justintense
                Octobercel
                • Oct 2024

I’ve been listening to Rogan for 8 years, and nearly every episode. Rogan has always leaned left and he’s even had more people from the left on. He was very firm on never having Trump on because he didn’t want to give him that platform and the effects of what comes out of it. This is the only guest I have always thought there was absolutely no chance to ever happen. He just thought having Trump on would be too controversial and he didn’t like how ridiculous Trump would act etc

I’ve seen Rogan in real time slowly see what was happening with Trump over the years and slowly lean over.

As a long time fan of Rogan, seeing Trump on is one of the wildest things I have ever seen and surreal. What a moment of history. I believe this will be the most listened to podcast episode of all time.

Comment

• JugHead96
                  • Oct 2024

So much for trump being “exhausted” according to leftie media lmao

8.5m views so far this is the tactical nuke

Comment

• Woofienugget
                    • Oct 2024

Originally posted by Justintense
                    I’ve been listening to Rogan for 8 years, and nearly every episode. Rogan has always leaned left and he’s even had more people from the left on. He was very firm on never having Trump on because he didn’t want to give him that platform and the effects of what comes out of it. This is the only guest I have always thought there was absolutely no chance to ever happen. He just thought having Trump on would be too controversial and he didn’t like how ridiculous Trump would act etc

I’ve seen Rogan in real time slowly see what was happening with Trump over the years and slowly lean over.

As a long time fan of Rogan, seeing Trump on is one of the wildest things I have ever seen and surreal. What a moment of history. I believe this will be the most listened to podcast episode of all time.
                    At this point I'd call Rogan firmly centrist, if not leaning slightly right. He's very quick to point out flaws in Harris and the Democrats, and that's part of why he moved to Texas. I don't think he's a Trump supporter though, but he'd vote GOP in other areas.

Comment

• MarioMiami305
                      • Sep 2024

Trump is a rambling bufoon.

Comment

• Jelly
                        • Oct 2024

100%

too bad the episode was disappointing after all the hype.

Comment

• floridaman
                          I'm your stepfather
                          • Sep 2024
                          • Tampa, Florida
                          • 6'1"

I'm fully torqued boys

Florida Crew 🌴
                          Misc Light Crew 🔦
                          HTC Crew 🍔

Comment

• DT928
                            • Oct 2024
                            • 5'10

Originally posted by wincel
                            Still no explanation for how he will make goods affordable with the tariffs
                            Odd, they tariffs weren't an issue under Biden:
                            Biden will keep Trump's China tariffs, and add new ones on electric vehicles

The Biden administration is finally wrapping up its review of President Donald Trump's tariffs on Chinese imports. It will keep those tariffs, and add more on things like electric vehicles.

Comment

• wincel
                              Incel Inside
                              • Sep 2024
                              • Soviet Union

Originally posted by DT928

Odd, they tariffs weren't an issue under Biden:

The current tariffs suck, but I am talking about the huge tariffs Trump wants to add to bring jobs back. He was talking about 100-200% tariffs, which could save US jobs in certain industries.

My question is how do you make it affordable in America? I get the jobs side of it. What I don't get is how the products will be affordable enough to sell and that they won't hurt the market. Even if demand is inelastic, this is still a huge loss in resources for something less efficient than the alternative.

Willing to change view on this if someone can explain.
                              Last edited by wincel; 10-26-2024, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• JugHead96
                                • Oct 2024

15m views 16 hours. Will see 30m by tomorrow evening probably

Comment

• Gaylord_Osmosis
                                  • Oct 2024

The current tariffs suck, but I am talking about the huge tariffs Trump wants to add to bring jobs back. He was talking about 100-200% tariffs, which could save US jobs in certain industries.

My question is how do you make it affordable in America? I get the jobs side of it. What I don't get is how the products will be affordable enough to sell and that they won't hurt the market. Even if demand is inelastic, this is still a huge loss in resources for something less efficient than the alternative.

I think the damage is already done. tarrifs might made a real impact 30-40 years ago.

Whenever i find an old item that i had from the 90s its surprising how often they are made in america. I had an old sleeping back from a school trip that we bought at i think walmart and it was made in the US. Ditto for a pair of binoculars. none of that shit is in the US anymore and if it is "assembled in the US" its like double the price of chinese shit and its all made from chinese parts.

That is all we can even do with tarrifs is have a bunch of americans assemble crap from china

Comment

• wincel
                                    Incel Inside
                                    • Sep 2024
                                    • Soviet Union

Originally posted by Gaylord_Osmosis

I think the damage is already done. tarrifs might made a real impact 30-40 years ago.

Whenever i find an old item that i had from the 90s its surprising how often they are made in america. I had an old sleeping back from a school trip that we bought at i think walmart and it was made in the US. Ditto for a pair of binoculars. none of that shit is in the US anymore and if it is "assembled in the US" its like double the price of chinese shit and its all made from chinese parts.

That is all we can even do with tarrifs is have a bunch of americans assemble crap from china
                                    That's exactly what I mean. Prices of made in USA goods are going to be insanely high. Tariffs could force people to buy them, but it is still a huge loss and waste.

I mean if Trump went and made a massive wealth redistribution scheme...lol

But that isn't the plan. So not sure how this is going to work.

Even if made in China and assembled in America, American labor is still way more expensive.

Comment

• JugHead96
                                      • Oct 2024

That's exactly what I mean. Prices of made in USA goods are going to be insanely high. Tariffs could force people to buy them, but it is still a huge loss and waste.

I mean if Trump went had a massive wealth redistribution scheme...lol

But the return of jobs and business transactions will be in boom again. I don’t think anybody thinks it will be easy if we cut off China, it would be a struggle for the first 10 years likely, but the alternative is worse by building up China more, and I know you probably disagree because you’re pro China, but most Americans would agree with me, even lefties don’t like China

Comment

• wincel
                                        Incel Inside
                                        • Sep 2024
                                        • Soviet Union

Originally posted by JugHead96

But the return of jobs and business transactions will be in boom again. I don’t think anybody thinks it will be easy if we cut off China, it would be a struggle for the first 10 years likely, but the alternative is worse by building up China more, and I know you probably disagree because you’re pro China, but most Americans would agree with me, even lefties don’t like China
                                        Yes the jobs may come back initially, but how will sales be high? The whole thing ought to hurt the economy unless there is a way to bring prices down or increase real wages. It would shrink our eocnomy substantially, and if we have a recession or depression, that can remove the incentive to invest, causing a total crash. Every extra dollar spent on the inefficiently made in American goods is a dollar lost on something else in our economy.

We'd be paying a rent to American exployers, which sounds nice but would mean way more expensive goods. Overall QOL would drop substantially unless there is a scheme in place to make such goods affordable.

The extreme example is Tesla. A cheap Tesla EV is like 40-45k. On the other hand, some really good Chinese EVs cost 10-15k. So all that extra money is being paid as a rent to Tesla, and you face an additional opportunity cost of not being able to invest or use that money elsewhere. You can use tariffs to prop up Tesla, but eveeyone is worse off for doing so.
                                        Last edited by wincel; 10-26-2024, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• ordoabchao
                                          ⭐⭐⭐
                                          • Sep 2024

I mean if Trump went and made a massive wealth redistribution scheme...lol

Even if made in China and assembled in America, American labor is still way more expensive.
                                          This is true and I haven't heard smarter individuals than I comment on it yet as this is relatively new. But you are only using half of the equation because he has stated that he will bring the american jobs back by putting insane tariffs on foreign products AND that he would eliminate federal taxes. So if you are not paying federal taxes you can afford to buy made in america products is likely the idea.

Either way, I doubt that full plan would go through and he has plans to lower taxes back to 21% and then 15% for american made goods or something along those lines which sounds more realistic.
                                          Last edited by ordoabchao; 10-26-2024, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• JugHead96
                                            • Oct 2024

Yes the jobs may come back initially, but how will sales be high? The whole thing ought to hurt the economy unless there is a way to bring prices down or increase real wages. It would shrink our eocnomy substantially, and if we have a recession or depression, that can remove the incentive to invest, causing a total crash. Every extra dollar spent on the inefficiently made in American goods is a dollar lost on something else in our economy.
                                            But look at the economy the US had WHEN it did have most of the manufacturing at home, there would be growth pains initially , but it would bring well paying jobs back home, one income families with 4-6 kids, now both parents need to work and can hardly afford 1-2 kids

Comment

• wincel
                                              Incel Inside
                                              • Sep 2024
                                              • Soviet Union

Originally posted by JugHead96
                                              But look at the economy the US had WHEN it did have most of the manufacturing at home, there would be growth pains initially , but it would bring well paying jobs back home, one income families with 4-6 kids, now both parents need to work and can hardly afford 1-2 kids
                                              True, but also recall our economy was much smaller. The country's population and economy have both grown tremendously since then. The core point is American labor and manufactoring is expensive.

Comment

• wincel
                                                Incel Inside
                                                • Sep 2024
                                                • Soviet Union

Originally posted by ordoabchao

This is true and I haven't heard smarter individuals than I comment on it yet as this is relatively new. But you are only using half of the equation because he has stated that he will bring the american jobs back by putting insane tariffs on foreign products AND that he would eliminate federal taxes. So if you are not paying federal taxes you can afford to buy made in america products is likely the idea.

Either way, I doubt that full plan would go through and he has plans to lower taxes back to 21% and then 15% for american made goods or something along those lines which sounds more realistic.
                                                Well another thing to remember is government spending is also a large chunk of our GDP. Eating into income taxes takes a chunk out of how that is funded. Tariffs are a good way to force domestic industry and reduce foreign influence. But it always comes at a loss to the economy.

Comment

• BigElephant
                                                  Registered Elephant
                                                  • Oct 2024

Great. How is he gonna make consumer goods affordable when American labor is so much more expensive? Tariffs might bring some jobs back initially, but will make everything ridiculously expensive.
                                                  I don't think they will be. At least not in the short term. The lower fuel prices from opening up Keystone again as well as additional drilling in Alaska will help, but not nearly enough to offset a 100-200% tariff.
                                                  See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• wincel
                                                    Incel Inside
                                                    • Sep 2024
                                                    • Soviet Union

I'm just saying if you guys were mad about inflated prices before, you're going to be really mad when you see what happens with these tariffs.

Comment

• wincel
                                                      Incel Inside
                                                      • Sep 2024
                                                      • Soviet Union

Originally posted by BigElephant

I don't think they will be. At least not in the short term. The lower fuel prices from opening up Keystone again as well as additional drilling in Alaska will help, but not nearly enough to offset a 100-200% tariff.
                                                      It's still a loss. Like ok of you want to drill more and ignore environmental consequences and push those for later, fine. It would still be better to drill more and trade than to drill more and use protectionism to try to save what is fundamentally noncompetitive. America has certain areas we are good in and others we aren't. I don't see how we save US manufacturing. It will always be cheaper and more efficient to make it in China.

Most of the growth in the US economy is in high tech stuff. That's where our economy is headed. It's going to be high tech and then just services for the lower tier jobs. We aren't a manufacturing economy except in high tech manufacturing.

Comment

• AWillis
                                                        • Sep 2024

he said Dana White was a big factor in letting Big Donny Trump on the podcast

he is open to the hyena too, but LMAO if anyone thinks she could last 3 hours, let alone actually answer any of Joe's questions. he has more faith in her than we do. LMAO if she can actually have a normal conversation without trying to manipulate the audience

Trump was just speaking facts for 3 hours

Comment

• zere0wn
                                                          • Oct 2024

TDS is a very real thing.

I've said to liberal friends "hey I don't pay attention at all - I keep hearing trump is racist, what all has he said?" and not one of them was able to quote something racist. And yet there are people seething and foaming at the mouth that he's a racist bigot.

Comment

• AMOG
                                                            • Oct 2024

so 3hrs no break to urinate as a 78yo man????

he's got my vote!

Comment

• BigElephant
                                                              Registered Elephant
                                                              • Oct 2024

It's still a loss. Like ok of you want to drill more and ignore environmental consequences and push those for later, fine. It would still be better to drill more and trade than to drill more and use protectionism to try to save what is fundamentally noncompetitive. America has certain areas we are good in and others we aren't. I don't see how we save US manufacturing. It will always be cheaper and more efficient to make it in China.

Most of the growth in the US economy is in high tech stuff. That's where our economy is headed. It's going to be high tech and then just services for the lower tier jobs. We aren't a manufacturing economy except in high tech manufacturing.
                                                              That's why I said, it's nowhere near enough to cover a 100% and especially not a 200% tariff. It would be nice for America to become a manufacturing hub again, but it's likely not feasible. Labor here is always going to cost more due to worker's rights in the US, and I'm not saying worker's rights are a bad thing. There are some things we could do to encourage more manufacturing here but it will likely never return to what it used to be. Best thing we can do is hedge our bets and find cheap manufacturing in multiple countries. That way if China wants to strongarm us at any point, or if a war breaks out and affects one country that we depend on for manufacturing, we have other options.

As for the energy, this is why we should drill more now for short term while also investing heavily into R&D for fusion as a long term plan to transition the power grids to eventually. I haven't heard any major politicians talk about that though. It's either wind/solar/whatever and none of that can support the power grids, or all oil/coal/natural gas, which will eventually take its toll and run out. Short term drilling and reliance on our own oil resources can bring down prices and reliance on foreign oil, and if we invest in fusion R&D now we can eventually transition the power grids to that, if it is indeed feasible. In the future we would need far less oil this way.
                                                              See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• fuzzy
                                                                🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆 🍆
                                                                • Sep 2024

damn 20 million views in 20 hours.

Comment

• AWillis
                                                                  Registered User
                                                                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by AMOG
                                                                  so 3hrs no break to urinate as a 78yo man????

he's got my vote!
                                                                  one of the best to ever do it

Comment

• Dom Mzztti
                                                                    • Oct 2024

That's why I said, it's nowhere near enough to cover a 100% and especially not a 200% tariff. It would be nice for America to become a manufacturing hub again, but it's likely not feasible. Labor here is always going to cost more due to worker's rights in the US, and I'm not saying worker's rights are a bad thing. There are some things we could do to encourage more manufacturing here but it will likely never return to what it used to be. Best thing we can do is hedge our bets and find cheap manufacturing in multiple countries. That way if China wants to strongarm us at any point, or if a war breaks out and affects one country that we depend on for manufacturing, we have other options.

As for the energy, this is why we should drill more now for short term while also investing heavily into R&D for fusion as a long term plan to transition the power grids to eventually. I haven't heard any major politicians talk about that though. It's either wind/solar/whatever and none of that can support the power grids, or all oil/coal/natural gas, which will eventually take its toll and run out. Short term drilling and reliance on our own oil resources can bring down prices and reliance on foreign oil, and if we invest in fusion R&D now we can eventually transition the power grids to that, if it is indeed feasible. In the future we would need far less oil this way.
                                                                    The tariff is not designed to be paid.

minimizing cost is not the whole goal. Leveraging where possible to make citizens live better is.

Comment

• AMOG
                                                                      Registered User
                                                                      • Oct 2024

As for the energy, this is why we should drill more now for short term while also investing heavily into R&D for fusion as a long term plan to transition the power grids to eventually. I haven't heard any major politicians talk about that though.

You listen to the entire podcast? Trump very specifically mentions doing exactly that.

Comment

• BigElephant
                                                                        Registered Elephant
                                                                        • Oct 2024

You listen to the entire podcast? Trump very specifically mentions doing exactly that.
                                                                        Nah haven't had a chance yet.
                                                                        See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• AMOG
                                                                          Registered User
                                                                          • Oct 2024

Nah haven't had a chance yet.
                                                                          he mentioned increasing nuclear plants on a small manageable scale. he also mentioned drilling now.

Comment

• BigElephant
                                                                            Registered Elephant
                                                                            • Oct 2024
                                                                            • 476

he mentioned increasing nuclear plants on a small manageable scale. he also mentioned drilling now.
                                                                            Did he specify fusion? Fission isn't a good option for expansion. Too much waste that takes too long to decay.
                                                                            See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• DT928
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2024
                                                                              • 29
                                                                              • 5'10
                                                                              • 190

#39

The United States has a 1.15T trade deficit per year. The next 12 countries with the highest trade added together would still be a fraction of the United States trade deficit. What changed low tariff rates became standard to benefit outsourced companies at the expense of the American people:

Comment

• zere0wn
                                                                                Registered User
                                                                                • Oct 2024
                                                                                • 125

#40
                                                                                democrats are insanely brainwashed. I mean repubs are too but liberals are supposed to be the smart ones

Comment

Working...