@Admin brah - quick thread on an actual rep system?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lockdev
    • Sep 2024
    • Virginia. srs.

Originally posted by CEOofHNNG

This star thing might work but I was worried it caps out easily, if we can go beyond gold stars and rank up a ton this would work!

But you should make it so the red square or thumbs down reduces it maybe?
    It won't cap out brah. I have it loaded up at least to the level above 5 gold stars. I can just keep adding new levels.

The vbulletin system unfortunately does not have the concept of a "neg". The only way to reduce rep count is to manually lower them through the admin or super mod control panel.

I've considered changing the star system entirely, and replace it with OG misc squares that change from green to different colors.

Someone IRL recommended the karate belt colors too because they're pretty well known.

Something will change though because you fookers are leveling up a lot faster than expected.
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

Comment

• Galois
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by lockdev

It won't cap out brah. I have it loaded up at least to the level above 5 gold stars. I can just keep adding new levels.

The vbulletin system unfortunately does not have the concept of a "neg". The only way to reduce rep count is to manually lower them through the admin or super mod control panel.

I've considered changing the star system entirely, and replace it with OG misc squares that change from green to different colors.

Someone IRL recommended the karate belt colors too because they're pretty well known.

Something will change though because you fookers are leveling up a lot faster than expected.
      From another post you made, it looked the like later tier stars were all linear in rep power. If higher rep users also add more reps, users will blow through levels faster and faster with time as the average rep power of the userbase grows. The only way to keep it manageable would be to put it on an RPG style system with progressive spacing between levels.

With that in mind, while the obvious bad case is a user maxing out their tiers and not having something to work toward, another unsatisfying case is for a user be stuck at a star for some time and not have any measurable sense of progress. In either case, I think the actual rep power number will need to eventually be exposed.

Comment

• Scrilla
        The People's Mod
        • Sep 2024
        • Worst Case Ontario

Maybe Bumper plates colours?

New Misc Merch now available!
        https://newmisc.myspreadshop.com/

Comment

• floridaman
          I'm your stepfather
          • Sep 2024
          • Tampa, Florida
          • 6'1"

I'm justing waiting on dat sweet platinum account so the master races can have their own threads without the pleebs like Havoc

Florida Crew 🌴
          Misc Light Crew 🔦
          HTC Crew 🍔

Comment

• wings
            • Oct 2024

Originally posted by GaryRidgway

wuts vbulletin? wuts php?
            vBulletin is the name of the forum software and it's written in PHP and uses a SQL database. It's been around for 20+ years at this point and the original BB.com hadn't been updated in ages.

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
              • Sep 2024

Hmmm.

You could do colors and shapes, like stars, and then military type stripes, then vertical bars, idk just tons of different shapes and they each go through a color phase like clear, black, gold, and so on. You could even possibly make the further ones harder to get?

also is there a way to control what emojis give "reps"? Like a neg emoji at least doesn't add to it?

Comment

• BigTimeOperator
                • Sep 2024

I'm suprised there isn't already plugins or other custom mods you can add. XenForo is like that.

Comment

• admin
                  adminbrah
                  • Sep 2024
                  • 5'8"
                  • 160lbs

Originally posted by Scrilla

Maybe Bumper plates colours?

Added these as the level after the blue stars.

srs.
                  ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• admin
                    adminbrah
                    • Sep 2024
                    • 5'8"
                    • 160lbs

Originally posted by BigTimeOperator
                    I'm suprised there isn't already plugins or other custom mods you can add. XenForo is like that.

I looked into XenForo, but it has strayed so far from what the Misc forum was that it didn't feel "right".

It's definitely a much better out of the box solution though. I'm almost regretting going with vBulletin.

There are a ton of plugins for vBulletin, but it's mostly v4, which isn't compatible with v6. It looks like the industry really started moving away from it after v5 came out.
                    ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by admin

I looked into XenForo, but it has strayed so far from what the Misc forum was that it didn't feel "right".

It's definitely a much better out of the box solution though. I'm almost regretting going with vBulletin.

There are a ton of plugins for vBulletin, but it's mostly v4, which isn't compatible with v6. It looks like the industry really started moving away from it after v5 came out.
                      I think everything should look and feel like Misc did, with some modern features when possible, so maybe you did the right thing?

if the other one is really good it's still early enough to make a change. People will pay you for your time srs

Comment

• Immune999
                        • Oct 2024

If I can’t have all my old platinum account benefits then I’m not staying.

Comment

• floridaman
                          I'm your stepfather
                          • Sep 2024
                          • Tampa, Florida
                          • 6'1"

Originally posted by Immune999
                          If I can’t have all my old platinum account benefits then I’m not staying.
                          Octocels, when will they learn
                          Florida Crew 🌴
                          Misc Light Crew 🔦
                          HTC Crew 🍔

Comment

• Immune999
                            • Oct 2024

Originally posted by floridaman

Octocels, when will they learn
                            Imagine not having platinum, it would be like trying to play football without shoes on, or banging a street Walker with a condom

Comment

• floridaman
                              I'm your stepfather
                              • Sep 2024
                              • Tampa, Florida
                              • 6'1"

Imagine not having platinum, it would be like trying to play football without shoes on, or banging a street Walker with a condom
                              new misc platinum > old platinum.
                              Florida Crew 🌴
                              Misc Light Crew 🔦
                              HTC Crew 🍔

Comment

• RICHSTRONG
                                • Oct 2024

I think we're going to end up keeping this system, but add in numbers in addition to the stars. I've been fighting with vbulletin and it's just a pretty chit system to extend/add on to.
                                Great Forum Adminbrah. Srs. Thank you for all the hard work. I thought i was stuck going back to GLP but that's not even close to the same. Ppl over there are literally bat shit crazy. We just have Wincel.

Comment

• admin
                                  adminbrah
                                  • Sep 2024
                                  • 5'8"
                                  • 160lbs

Originally posted by RICHSTRONG

Great Forum Adminbrah. Srs. Thank you for all the hard work. I thought i was stuck going back to GLP but that's not even close to the same. Ppl over there are literally bat shit crazy. We just have Wincel.
                                  no problem brah, glad to have you back
                                  ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                                    • Sep 2024

or banging a street Walker with a condom

That's a disturbing thought. What would the point even be if you had to wear a condom?

Comment

• admin
                                      adminbrah
                                      • Sep 2024
                                      • 5'8"
                                      • 160lbs

That's a disturbing thought. What would the point even be if you had to wear a condom?
                                      ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                                        • Sep 2024

Lmao

Admin brah, have you figured out if you can set it up so only certain emojis add reputation? Or even if the red square emoji can take some away?

Too many emojis now, Obamasmama isn't one I've ever even heard of as a meme same with insidermane or whatever she is

Comment

• admin
                                          adminbrah
                                          • Sep 2024
                                          • 5'8"
                                          • 160lbs

Lmao

Admin brah, have you figured out if you can set it up so only certain emojis add reputation? Or even if the red square emoji can take some away?

Too many emojis now, Obamasmama isn't one I've ever even heard of as a meme same with insidermane or whatever she is
                                          Yep, only certain emojis add rep points. Still haven't found any trace of what would be considered a "neg" in vbulletin 6. I might be able to hack something together, but it's likely not worth it. It would require some big changes to make sure it didn't break anything.

As far as the emojis go, I'm going to do an analysis on which ones are not being used in a couple of weeks and prune them down. I might add a few more after and keep doing that until we have a list of "useful" ones.
                                          ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• floridaman
                                            I'm your stepfather
                                            • Sep 2024
                                            • Tampa, Florida
                                            • 6'1"

Yep, only certain emojis add rep points. Still haven't found any trace of what would be considered a "neg" in vbulletin 6. I might be able to hack something together, but it's likely not worth it. It would require some big changes to make sure it didn't break anything.

As far as the emojis go, I'm going to do an analysis on which ones are not being used in a couple of weeks and prune them down. I might add a few more after and keep doing that until we have a list of "useful" ones.
                                            Florida Crew 🌴
                                            Misc Light Crew 🔦
                                            HTC Crew 🍔

Comment

• Getter_done
                                              • Sep 2024

Btw which emojis add to a person's stars/reps and which don't? Thanks.
                                              Last edited by Getter_done; 10-16-2024, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• admin
                                                adminbrah
                                                • Sep 2024
                                                • 5'8"
                                                • 160lbs

Originally posted by Getter_done
                                                Btw which emojis add to a person's stars/reps? Thanks.
                                                red box/neg, middle finger, poop, thumbs down, potato, angry face do not add to stars/reps. Everything else does, even cackling kamala.
                                                ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                  • Sep 2024

red box/neg, middle finger, poop, thumbs down, potato, angry face do not add to stars/reps. Everything else does, even cackling kamala.
                                                  Interesting thanks, ive mainly been doing the thumbs up but now i started doing different ones as well.

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                                                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by floridaman

This might be a legit WTF emoji, I like it lol, classic

Nice! This is good enough and agree with the idea of emoji selection !

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                                                      • Sep 2024

Interesting thanks, ive mainly been doing the thumbs up but now i started doing different ones as well.
                                                      holy shit 6 blue stars, you might be the first to go past blue stars. I wonder whats next

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                        • Sep 2024

holy shit 6 blue stars, you might be the first to go past blue stars. I wonder whats next
                                                        Gary is past me and now he has a dumbbell lol srs.

Comment

• Scrilla
                                                          The People's Mod
                                                          • Sep 2024
                                                          • Worst Case Ontario

Strong 9/11 posts and also strong twin towers "dumbbell"

Reported for terrorism
                                                          New Misc Merch now available!
                                                          https://newmisc.myspreadshop.com/

Comment

• lockdev
                                                            • Sep 2024
                                                            • Virginia. srs.

Fuark. 2nd miscer with a dumbbell. GJDM
                                                            Misc Entrepreneur Crew

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Scrilla

Strong 9/11 posts and also strong twin towers "dumbbell"

Reported for terrorism
                                                              Lmaooo.

Fuark. 2nd miscer with a dumbbell. GJDM
                                                              Thanks brah!

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                                • Sep 2024

The dumbbell is looking better now!

Comment

• admin
                                                                  adminbrah
                                                                  • Sep 2024
                                                                  • 5'8"
                                                                  • 160lbs

The dumbbell is looking better now!
                                                                  Thanks brah. I was in there adding some new ranks and decided they were looking a little lackluster next to the stars.
                                                                  ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                                    Registered User
                                                                    • Sep 2024

Thanks brah. I was in there adding some new ranks and decided they were looking a little lackluster next to the stars.
                                                                    Yeah thats fair. It keeps getting better lolol. It went from grey to red, oh wait now its grey again lol.

Comment

• admin
                                                                      adminbrah
                                                                      • Sep 2024
                                                                      • 5'8"
                                                                      • 160lbs

It keep getting better lolol. It went from grey to red, oh wait now its grey again lol.
                                                                      slight error on entry, you got a preview of a few levels higher
                                                                      ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                                        Registered User
                                                                        • Sep 2024

slight error on entry, you got a preview of a few levels higher
                                                                        Ayylmao.

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                                                                          Registered User
                                                                          • Sep 2024

Yeah thats fair. It keeps getting better lolol. It went from grey to red, oh wait now its grey again lol.
                                                                          Holy shit. The first barbell brah

Comment

• Getter_done
                                                                            Registered User
                                                                            • Sep 2024
                                                                            • 1642

Holy shit. The first barbell brah
                                                                            Hehe ty men, gary got there first and havoc is there too. Oh btw what was ur username on original misc?

Comment

• tmertz
                                                                              Registered kent
                                                                              • Oct 2024
                                                                              • 4
                                                                              • Denver, Colorado
                                                                              • 6’0
                                                                              • 189lb

#78
                                                                              In.

Comment

• CEOofHNNG
                                                                                Registered User
                                                                                • Sep 2024
                                                                                • 885

#79
                                                                                Originally posted by tmertz
                                                                                In.
                                                                                LOL

Epic avi

Comment

• Toker095
                                                                                  SICK CUNT
                                                                                  • Oct 2024
                                                                                  • 338
                                                                                  • Earth
                                                                                  • 6'2
                                                                                  • 171

#80
                                                                                  He said modern vbulletin doesnt have that rep system so he would have to build it in php which is a lot of work.
                                                                                  mirin.
                                                                                  this is why i misc.
                                                                                  i feel so stupid.
                                                                                  did u go to college? what was your major ?

but more importantly $10k/day CEO cause of this skill set?

Comment

Working...