I never got a verification email so I can't activate my account?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rectifryer
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    • Sep 2024

I never got a verification email so I can't activate my account?

Can someone investigate this? I cannot activate my account?
  • admin
    adminbrah
    • Sep 2024
    • 5'8"
    • 160lbs

I activated it for your brah, so you're good to go.

We had two issues yesterday:

1) Yesterday was supposed to be a test run with a few people signing up. In the end, we had a ton of traffic and it crashed our "modest" EC2 server on AWS.

When it crashed, there were quite a few people that had messed up accounts so I had to clear them out.

I ended up upping our server size in terms of cpu, ram, and network resources. It's been smooth so far.

2) Our email address is sometimes being flagged as spam, and sometimes being all-out rejected by mails servers(gmail, yahoo, etc). Email is a funny thing in the world of the internet, and mail providers treat brand new domains with skepticism. Some people received their emails, other received them in their spam folders, others had them blocked entirely.

I went through and verified everyone by hand.

Just as a reminder to everyone that wasn't in the "Let's Rebuild the Misc" thread on miscreformed: We're in a 2 week testing period right now. Things are going to come up and we're likely going to have some sputters here and there. If you see anything that needs fixing, please report it in the "Feature Request/Bug Report" thread.

I'm only one person and I work a full time job, so I might be slow to fix things, but every post in that thread will be prioritized and looked at.
    ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• rectifryer
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      • Sep 2024

I still can't post? My account hasn't been verified?

Comment

• admin
        adminbrah
        • Sep 2024
        • 5'8"
        • 160lbs

Where are you trying to post brah? You created a thread and are posting right now.
        ForumSentinel 2.0

Comment

• rectifryer
          ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by admin
          Where are you trying to post brah? You created a thread and are posting right now.
          In the platinum section!

Comment

Working...