October baseball thread

Mets AND Yankees today

I think they could both lose series

What say you
    We out the bronx
  • BigElephant
    Registered Elephant
    • Oct 2024

Yankee game yesterday pissed me off. If we keep stranding baserunners like that we're not going anywhere.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• BigElephant
      Registered Elephant
      • Oct 2024

ALCS has been entertaining as hell as a fan of baseball, but frustrating as hell as a Yankees fan (and I imagine as a Cleveland fan as well). I was going crazy when Judge and Stanton went back to back two nights ago, then came a hell of a letdown when our bullpen blew the game. Then last night we were up 4 runs, blew another lead, but then pulled it out in the 9th.

If we don't win a title this year, or if we blow this series, I think it will be because of the bullpen, and this has been my concern all year. Weaver was great for a while, but that was a small sample size and while I'm not going to give up on him after one rough outing, I'm also not on board the "Mariano 2.0" hype train for him like a bunch of the jackasses on Twitter.

Judge is breaking out of a slump which is encouraging, and Stanton being arguably our MVP for the playoffs so far is huge as I didn't expect much production from him.
      See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• BigElephant
        Registered Elephant
        • Oct 2024

World Series Game 1 starting imminently
        See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• zere0wn
          • Oct 2024

the yankees had to have the easiest path to the world series ever. 2 shitty AL central teams. Cleveland has been below 500 since late June, has no pitching. KC won 86 games. now they get to face the dodgers who top 2 starters are out for season

Comment

• BigElephant
            Registered Elephant
            • Oct 2024

Boone blew game 1. Can't pull Cole after only 6 innings and 88 pitches. He's an ace that's why they went out and got him. He allows 1 baserunner and you pull him? Trust your horse and ride with him. If it fails so be it, but at least you fail playing your best guy. Putting Nestor in that spot was also questionable. He's barely pitched the last month and struggled a lot in the second half of the season; a high leverage extra innings relief spot for a guy like that who is used to being a starter is not the move.

I know we probably won't, but I hope we retain Verdugo. No other outfielders on the team can make the defensive plays he can.

EDIT: MASSIVE big dick move by Freddie Freeman with that walkoff though. Hate seeing my team lose but I like Freddie and it was cool to see him have that moment.
            Last edited by BigElephant; 10-26-2024, 09:04 PM.
            See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• BigElephant
              Registered Elephant
              • Oct 2024

Originally posted by zere0wn
              the yankees had to have the easiest path to the world series ever. 2 shitty AL central teams. Cleveland has been below 500 since late June, has no pitching. KC won 86 games. now they get to face the dodgers who top 2 starters are out for season
              Every AL Central team was above .500 except the White Sox. Yeah their starters aren't great and they didn't have Bieber, but we blasted the best closer in the game this year multiple times in that series. KC only won 86 games but they were a different team after the trade deadline. Dodgers are missing 2 starters (albeit not what I would consider their top 2 as Yamamoto is top 2 and is starting tonight), but they probably have the most dangerous lineup in the playoffs.

I still think the Dodgers can beat us. They have a very good lineup and our bullpen has been suspect all season and that is important in the playoffs. I would agree that the road was easier than it could have been. Dodgers, Orioles, and Phillies were the 3 teams I was most worried about facing, and 2 of them choked. I just wouldn't call it the easiest path ever.
              See Krackerjacked's sig

Comment

• zere0wn
                • Oct 2024

Originally posted by BigElephant

Every AL Central team was above .500 except the White Sox. Yeah their starters aren't great and they didn't have Bieber, but we blasted the best closer in the game this year multiple times in that series. KC only won 86 games but they were a different team after the trade deadline. Dodgers are missing 2 starters (albeit not what I would consider their top 2 as Yamamoto is top 2 and is starting tonight), but they probably have the most dangerous lineup in the playoffs.

I still think the Dodgers can beat us. They have a very good lineup and our bullpen has been suspect all season and that is important in the playoffs. I would agree that the road was easier than it could have been. Dodgers, Orioles, and Phillies were the 3 teams I was most worried about facing, and 2 of them choked. I just wouldn't call it the easiest path ever.
                the AL central is dogshit. Cleveland is below .500 team since late June. KC has one good player.

fair on calling Yamamoto #2 but glasnow is by far their #1

it's been a cakewalk for the yankees to get here and the dodgers are starting to expose them. Buehler is BP though the yankees will score 8 in game 3.

Comment

Working...